Top 10 tips and benefits of faux florals
“Flowers always make people better, happier and more helpful. They are sunshine, food, and medicine for the soul” – LUTHER BURBANK
There is no doubt that flowers bring cheer and lighten the spirit. The old cliché “stop and smell the roses” is even more pertinent in these dark days, when its so important to take time to enjoy nature and the pleasure she brings. Not only do flowers brighten up a room, they brighten our mood too.
Back in the olden days, when I was a wee girl, fake flowers were considered naff – probably on the same wavelength as knitted toilet roll holders! However, much has changed – now they are bang on trend and so stylish, thanks to the new breed and innovative materials, which look so very realistic. These faux blooms never need watered, never droop, wilt or die. Quite simply, they are a source of everlasting pleasure in our home.
Take a look at our fabulous range of blooms from big blowsy hydrangeas and peonies, to elegant curving orchids, potted succulents and bulbs.
TOP TEN TIPS & BENEFITS of FAUX FLORALS
- Choose blooms in realistic natural colours [not a bright blue rose!!]
- Always stick to odd numbers when arranging
- Limit your colour palette – one or even two colours together look really strong – going rogue with lots of colours can look messy unless you’re a talented florist
- Mix through greenery from the garden or foraged from walks to bulk out an arrangement
- Try using quirky containers – don’t get bogged down with a vase – baskets, boxes, jugs, bottles etc anything goes, no water-holding restraints.
- Take the eye up by using hanging planters or wall basket as a receptacle
- Place a stunning single bloom under a glass cloche for an element of style
- Feel free to display in a “hot spot” – eg on fireplaces, near radiators etc
- Repetition always looks strong – as does abundance – esp with big blooms
- Wired centres make them malleable to manipulate into the perfect shape for your space
PS…………………and they won’t make you sneeze or itch!
By all means, still enjoy freshly cut real flowers, especially if they are lavished upon you by someone gorgeous!
But in the meantime, enjoy the long lasting joy brought to you, from our bloom boutique.